Braids are sweet, braids are stylish, braids are bold, it depends on when and how you wear it. Most of us have worn braids or are thinking about getting them. Today, we will talk about what to consider while getting braids and how to take care of them.
Braids in summer are very common and most of us have done it but getting them in winter is also a good idea when your hair breaks because of the harsh cold and dry weather. It dries out your hair causing breakage but you can tie them in braids and save from breaking your precious hair. So now that you have made up your mind to get braids, let’s get started on what you should know in getting and taking care of your braids:
- Make sure you treat your hair real nice before braiding. Treat them with deep conditioning at least a week before getting braids. If you are thinking about relaxing your hair, make sure you do not braid them the same day. It is advisable to braid after two to three weeks of relaxing them.
- It is also advised to give your hair oil treatment if they are stresses or over-worked. Consult with your salon and ask for vitamin E treatment which reduces dryness and stress from your hair
- Pick your Hairstyle and Hairstylist after consideration. The same style you like on someone might not be the style for you. Consult with your hairstylist before deciding.
- Be sure to know the type of braids you use: Human or synthetic hair. Human hair does tend to retain more moisture than synthetic. Synthetic hair have alkaline base which dries out your hair. So if you are getting synthetic hair braids, be sure to moisturize them on regular basis.
- If you bought synthetic hair, do not use them right away from the pack. Soak them in mixture of water and vinegar to reduce its alkaline nature. Keep them soaked for about 15 minutes. You can also look for any special instruction written on the pack.
- Make sure you do not braid your hair too tightly or else they will break.
- Once you have your gotten your braids, take extra care of your hair and wash them with diluted shampoo and do not forget to condition. Cover your hair with net or scarf before going to bed to avoid loosening of the braids.
- Do not keep braids in your hair for more than 2 months. You should get braids removed after that time and re-braid them.
|Here is how Xpression Braids look like.|
You can buy them at House of Beauty.
Braids can complement any outfit and weather so what are you waiting for. Try Xpression braids today.
|House of Beauty's most popular product is our human |
hair and synthetic hair product line.
This article is presented to you by House of Beauty. We suggest you try Xpression Braids which compared to other braids, lasts for a longer time, and has better quality them most traditional braids. They are easy to attach and very easy to remove. You can always visit our website www.houseofbeauty.ca to see other beauty products that we carry.
One of our most popular product line is our human hair and synthetic hair product line.